Hi everyone , well all back to normal (well as normal as can be !!! ) , both kids went back to school last week , although neither of them are enjoying it fully.
So now back to the jobs and crafting , I've just finished a commissioned clock , but I can't show you that one just yet.
So I decided today to set myself a bit of a challenge using the items below and some stamping techniques.
Unfortunately it didn't go quite to plan as the inks didn't show up as well on the painted surface as I had hoped. I tried using Stampin' Up ink whereas I usually use either Tim Holtz or Stazon , but I liked the colours of the Stampin' Up ones.
But all was not lost , I just sanded back the MDF base and started again using card to stamp on which I could then glue to the base as I normally do.
|As you can see it was very faint on the painted surface.|
|I stamped the butterflies in Crumb Cake , and then stamped on to scrap paper , which I then cut out to form a mask.|
|All masked, ready for stamping the frame.|
|After stamping the frame in Blushing Bride , I then created a mask for that ready to stamp inside the frame.|
|Coming along nicely.|
|All done ready for cutting out. Although this would make a good picture too , mmmm next project I think !!|
|All cut out ready to glue onto the base.|
|I decided to go with Roman Numerals for the numbers , so I die cut them out ready.|
|Once the glue was all dry , I popped a stencil on the clock ready for placing the numbers.|
|Ready for sticking down.|
|Numbers all stuck , ready now for a coat of spray varnish to protect the clock. The spray varnish is good as it dries quite quickly.|
|One clock all finished.|
I have really enjoyed making this clock today , it's good to try different techniques.
Thank you for visiting today,