Home

Tuesday, 17 July 2012

Christmas at the Seaside

Hello all, yes it's that time of the week for my Kanban DT cards again, and this week it's Christmas versus the Seaside !!! Think I'll show the Christmas ones first,I must admit I struggled at first with the idea of Christmas when we are only in July, but eventually I got there and am quite happy with the results.


This has been made using elements fro the All Wrapped Up Collection. For the base card I used a sheet of Merry Christmas-Gold 900381. I wrapped some ribbon to the left of the card and added a bow, then I took a topper from the Christmas Magic sheet 900099, and teamed it up with the matching Christmas Magic Acetate 900100, to create the domed effect, then I just adhered the frame first , then raised the topper with silicone glue. Adding a sentiment from the sheet to finish.

Again the next card has been made using the All Wrapped Up Collection.



For this card , the base card is a sheet of Festive Holly-Blue CRD1052, then I took one of the adhesive borders from the Christmas Border Adhesive sheet 900105, and create a ruffled effect with part of it and then stuck the rest down flat so I could add the sentiment to it. I took two fancy frames from the kit and adhered them at angles, before adding the frame from the Winter Wonders sheet 900111, for the actual topper I added some Christmas Decoupage 900101, to the main image before again teaming it up with the matching Winter Wonders Acetate 900112 and again creating the domed effect.

Now after the Christmas comes the Seaside !! The next cards are made with the Beside The Sea Collection.



This first card is quite a bright and busy card with lots to look at. To a plain base card I added strips of card from several sheets, Sunny Seaside Days 900316, Seaside Stripes 900318, Sea of Shells 900317, and Sunny Seaside Days 900323. I drew faux stitching around the edge on also on the panels so that they look like they have been sewn together. I took a topper from the Beach Huts and Boats sheet 900299, which was then mounted onto some silver mirri that I had first wrapped with string, and then to finish off a sentiment and a shell from the Seashell Sentiment sheet 900300.

Lastly another Beach card again from the Beside The Sea Collection.



For this I used a sheet of Natural Felt Card 900322 and added a border to the side from the Coastline Borders sheet 900296, and then just simply added some toppers from the Life's a Beach topper sheet 900298.

So there we are Summer and Winter all in one go.

20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Fran, I love the designs and colours you have used

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous selection of cards Fran, love them all xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful collection of cards hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card and a fabulous selection.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great collection of cards here!
    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. All very beautiful Fran, love the seaside cards, as you say its a bit hard to get your head round Christmas cards yet.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! You have been busy!! Your cards are all gorgeous and I really love how the acetate gives the 3D effect! I love to make Christmas cards during the summer...otherwise they will not be done in time!! TFS!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. all your cards are stunning xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards they are all so elegant

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card's Fran really elegant. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely collection of cards, I love the Santa one x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great set of card all lovely!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. My goodness, you were busy while I was on holiday! Great cards xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous cards Fran, I really love the gorgeous gold frame and ribbon on your first card and the last sea themed card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. All really gorgeous and elegant cards, I especially love the christmas ones
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. fantastic cards i love the especially by the sea collection emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fab collection of cards xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog today , I love reading your comments , thanks Fran xx