Home

Thursday, 14 June 2012

Can you tell what it is yet ??????

Something a little different for today's post. In between housework and crafting , I've been have a Rolf Harris moment !!! 


I've spent part of this morning painting this big canvas (it's bigger than it looks) even the dog has managed to get a green ear !! hehehe.

If I explain the story it will become clear, I promise. My son Daniel loves The Gruffalo, so when we bought him a Gruffalo Duvet a couple of years ago we also bought the wall stickers to go with it. We never put them on the wall at the time as we had our house for sale, so we planned to put them in his new bedroom. We have now moved, but the problem was for those of you who don't know me, that Daniel is Autistic and one of his things to do is rip wallpaper etc .... and stickers are ok for a bit and then they get eaten !!!, so we were trying to work out a way to have them on the wall without them getting peeled off constantly. We thought of putting them straight on the wall, after we had painted the scene and then varnish them, but then we would probably never be able to get them off again, or the other theory was again to go on the wall with a sheet of perspex over the top, but then it was managing to get a piece big enough without getting it broken.
So they've just been sitting there since November when we moved. But after him going to watch The Gruffalo at the theatre last week we thought while he is still into The Gruffalo we should try and get them up before he grows out of them. Hence the canvas !! I went and got the biggest one I could and then this morning have painted the background scene. When it's all dry the stickers can go on and then the whole lot varnished and then hung in his room (very securely I might add ) Problem solved !!!!!!! So as you see above that's the scene and here are the stickers ready , I'll post a pic of it all when it's finished.




Glad we finally worked it out, every day in our house is a fresh challenge !!!!!

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea, and you are so talented too. Well done on deciding on the canvas, I think it's a brilliant idea.

    Love and hugs

    Annie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A brilliant idea Fran. I am sure he will be delighted when you put it up in his room.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW this is a brilliant idea and I'm sure he will love it. Have a good evening. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea, I'm sure Daniel will love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant idea. I'm still paying the cost for painting Wallace & Gromit 'wallpaper' directly onto our walls. It won't go away! I love the Gruffalo book, and embarrassingly know most of it word for word. A perfect choice for Daniel xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog today , I love reading your comments , thanks Fran xx