Wednesday, 6 May 2015

Coasters , Coasters and more Coasters !!!

Hi everyone , well I've been busy the last few days decorating lots of MDF coasters ready for the next craft fair. We have the builder in rearranging our kitchen , so I can't do loads around the house , so what better time to have a play.
Tina Boydon from Craftwork Cards Design Team created some and shared the tutorial on the Craftwork Cards Fan page .
I've had some coasters sitting around for a while so seeing her tutorial spurred me on to get on and decorate mine. I've done quite a few sets , some have been painted as well as decorating with paper.
I'm just waiting now for a nice calm sunny day so I can take them outside and varnish them.

I've made 6 sets , and have done some in progress photo's for a couple of sets, so you can see how I decorated them.

Here are all of them done, apart from varnishing.


4 coasters decorated using the Love a Cuppa collection.




I had a set of 6 larger circle coasters with a holder , so after sanding them I gave them a couple of coats of chalk paint.

Next I die cut 6 large circles from the Butterfly Parade pad.
All assembled  ready to decorate. The holder has been fitted together ready.




Papers glued to the coasters leaving a border round the edge.


For the square coasters , I drew round the base of the holder and the side pieces, before cutting out.
Papers glued onto the pieces ready to assemble




All assembled ready for the coasters.




I picked some papers from the Chalkboard Collection .



After the glue had dried I sanded round the edges. Just needing varnish now.



I hope you have enjoyed seeing the work in progress , I hope to be back soon to share some more projects,
Thank you for taking the time to have a look
Fran xx 









After drawing round them I cut them to size.






6 comments:

  1. These look fabulous Fran!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just wonderful Fran! Where do you get your coasters from?
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just wonderful Fran! Where do you get your coasters from?
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow these are amazing. Superb coasters x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Fran they are all gorgeous you have been very busy. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, Fran, these are utterly gorgeous, and will sell like hotcakes I am sure, would be pushed to pick a favourite..hope your renovations to the Kitchen are coming on, love and hugs, and a special Hug for Dan and Hannah xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog today , I love reading your comments , thanks Fran xx