Monday, 25 June 2012

A quick Kanban Post today

Hi all, just a quick Kanban post today as I need to go have some sleep, Daniel only slept for four hours last night, so am wiped out now.

My first project was to make some bunting using the Cool Britannia range.


I used some ready made bunting flags and die cut some smaller bunting shapes for the middle using red card, blue card and some of the Wave The Flag background card 900186. I also drew some faux stitching on, to make it look like it had been sewed on. For the four centre panels I used some toppers from the London Icons-On Parade sheet 900179 and the London Icons-Transport 900176, and I also added some Union Jack bunting 900173. For the rosettes I die cut some strips of London Skyline 900198 to make the base of the rosette adding some sentiments from the Jubilee sentiments sheet 900171, finishing off with some more Union Jack bunting for the tails, this was then all threaded together with garden twine.





For this weeks card I used some toppers from the Chelsea Elements sheet PCT1950.



I matted and layered some Watercolour Floral Turquoise card (reverse side) CRD1792 to some Gold Mirri card and attached to the base card, adding the birdcage topper from the Chelsea Elements sheet. I then die cut a swirl from Fancy Floral Turquoise CRD1789 before adding the flowers at the base and the birds perched on the swirl, these again were from the Chelsea Elements sheet. I added a brad to the top of the cage and some gems to opposite corners, and then finished off with a sentiment from the Safari Boutique regal Frames sheet PCT2230 and some Victoriana Lace Butterflies PCT1871.


That's me for today I can hear my bed calling me now, catch up soon xxxx

21 comments:

  1. Brilliant Fran, you are so clever xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the card with the birds. It looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous bunting and a lovely card
    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi fantastic card love the birds and the bunting is fantastic. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow gorgeous projects Fran,love the bunting.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card and love the banner it is stunning.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely projects love the birds they are stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bunting, fantastic! Pretty card too. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bunting is fab, but I do love the bird card it's very pretty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Fran

    I'm sorry I haven't picked up the badge yet, I am in the middle of re-creating my craft room and have only been popping in an out of the Internet. Hope fully I will pick it up by the end of the week. Thank you so much for thinking of me for this badge. I love blogging, and I have so much to blog about, but I really need to finish my room. It is taking me quite a while because I have to do a little bit and then rest a while as my legs are very painful, however it will be fabulous when it is finished. I love your blog and all the beautiful cards you make. You really inspire me.

    Love and hugs

    Annie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous bunting & your card is stunning, well done Sweetie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great bunting and love your card xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your bunting but I adore your card FAB. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your patriotic bunting is just gorgeous and I love your beautiful card. I don't think you can ever go wrong with the combination of birds, flowers and butterflies. Just Gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab bunting and the little birds on the card are so pretty
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous banner and the card is lovely the birds are so cute.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a very pretty card, and the colours are delighful....I like the bunting too xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog today , I love reading your comments , thanks Fran xx