Monday, 14 May 2012

Kanban makes for this week !


Here's the first card of three. This was a fairly simple card to make but just as effective. I made an 8x8 base card then covered it with White Butterflies- Blue CRD1519, and inked round the edges with gold ink.
The topper came from the Regency Butterflies-Black sheet PCT1918, on the sheet two of the toppers are identical so I used the first one as a normal topper, raising the centre up, then cut out the butterflies and cut the corners off the second topper. I stuck the corners to the corners of the card and then just added the butterflies to the card. To make the butterflies stand out a little more I used an embossing pen and some gold embossing powder to give them a shimmery look.


The second card is a congratulations card,


This was made by adding Gold Mirri card to the base card leaving a border round the edge, then I embossed some Mocha-Damask Kandi Core card CRD1849 with a paisley embossing folder then before attaching the toppers I wrapped some gold ribbon round the embossed card before attaching  an Ornate Flourish Milk Chocolate Large Torn Edge Topper PCT2338. Onto this I then added a Delphine Topper PCT2121. I used a sentiment from the Safari Holiday sheet PCT1405, adding some Bling GEM5mm to either side of the small torn edge topper which I had fixed under the sentiment. A flower with Bling in the centre was added, before making some small bows from organza ribbon, which were then added to the dress and hat .

 










The final card was made as more of a fun card. I scored an A4 sheet of card into three to make it three separate panels. The scored base card was the Simply fabulous Gilt background card CRD1701. This was edged top and bottom with decorative strips off the Simply Fabulous Beautiful Burlesque topper sheet PCT2192. I the mounted all three toppers from the same sheet on to Gold Mirri card before adding them to the card. I then used a mix of Bling GEM3mm and Diamonds and Pearls DPS5mm to decorate the panels before using a leaf punch with Gold Mirri card to add to the opposite corners on all three panels. The card was then finished off with ribbon so that the card could be fastened up.


 
 


6 comments:

  1. Fabulous work Fran xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really stunning, I love the middle one with the blue dress especially
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WoW Fran these are all gorgeous. Loving the one with the blue dress that is stunning.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning cards, you can tell Kanban quality a mile off! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards, cannot choose a fav. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all beautiful Fran.

    Love and hugs

    Annie xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog today , I love reading your comments , thanks Fran xx