Wednesday, 18 April 2012

This weeks Kanban Designs

Onto this weeks designs which were put on Kanban's facebook page on Monday. I made three this time and really enjoyed making these, it's great to dive in my goodie box and see what I can come up with.
 









I made this one as an easel card, these toppers are so regal. I used a Kanban card blank for the base, then covered the top part of the card with Swirl Quilt Stitch-cream double sided card CRD1813 and used a strip on the bottom of the card as well, I used two strips of decorated card from the Regency Butterflies- black sheet PCT1918 and the Baroque Cameos PCT1926 placing one on the base and the other on the main part. I took a topper from the Regency Butterflies and attached to the card raising the centre part up. From the Cameo sheet I took two sentiments one for the top of card and the other as a stopper for the easel, I also used three small circles with crowns on, finally some Diamonds on the top right corner DPS5mm and a strip of ribbon had been added to one of the strips.


 









This is my favourite card of the three I made for this week. The card blank is covered with some Roses and Calligraphy card CRD1517, I die cut a leafy swirl from some gold mirri card. The topper which I wrapped with ribbon and the sentiment are both from the Beautiful Birds sheet PCT1955, the flower, bird and butterfly are from the Chelsea Elements sheet PCT1950.

The next card I really enjoyed making, it's more of a fun card with the lady just peeking round. I first took some 8x8 black card from the Fruit punch Block to use as the card back and covered that with the maroon card, after scoring two sheets of A4 card to concertina shape I then used a wavy cutter to make them slope, they were then cut down to fit the back panel. Part of those were covered with Simply Fabulous Burlesque Lace background CRD1699. 
I attached a panel from the Catalina Frames beige & black PCT2202 to the centre of the zig zag shape, attached some red feathers and the put a panel from the Simply Fabulous Sassy Scarlet sheet PCT2193. On the next panel of zig zag's I added two chairs from the Mackenzie Studio topper sheet PCT2240. The sentiment is from the Simply Fabulous Sentiment sheet PCT2196, I threaded some ribbon through each end then punched two buckles from gold mirri card , threaded the ribbon through and attached to the card.



I hope you like them, there will some new Kanban Designs added again next week. xx


4 comments:

  1. All look fab Fran... Gorgeous cards and papers!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards! It must be lovely to get a box from them and get to play with all the new stuff. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ! gorgeous luxury cards very pretty x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog today , I love reading your comments , thanks Fran xx