Friday, 30 March 2012

Cards for a difficult subject

Had a go today at making some " Thinking of you" and " In Sympathy" cards. It's not an easy subject to make cards for but I thought if I kept them nice and simple it would be fine. I had some plain white card blanks from Kanban with a deckled edge, which I thought would be ok, then I embossed several different folders onto pearlescent paper that's not too over the top but gives a slight shimmer. I then mounted them onto silver mirri card just leaving a slight border.



I then took some plain white ribbon and on each card wrapped it round either the card itself or round the embossed panel and just tied a knot. On the computer I typed out the sentiments and then mounted them onto the silver mirri card as well. I'm very pleased with how they have come out.



4 comments:

  1. Lovely, elegant cards, they're always the hardest occasions to make for. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Wendy.. very very elegant and such difficult cards to think about...

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous elegant cards,I find these very difficult to think about. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards and i do agree with everyone they are elegant x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog today , I love reading your comments , thanks Fran xx